Knitting and Crochet Courses at Ashford, Canterbury, Maidstone and Sittingbourne Centres
Learn knitting or crochet at our beginner’s crochet courses, through Kent Adult Education.
We teach at the following centres:
- Ashford Gateway
- Canterbury Adult Education Centre
- St Faith’s Adult Education Centre, Maidstone
- Sittingbourne Adult Education Centre
On the 4-week crochet course you will learn the basics of crochet, including the following:
- How to hold your hook and yarn to create an even tension.
- How to crochet the basic stitches, including chain stitch, double, treble crochet, and more.
- How to crochet in rows and in rounds.
- How to join in new colours.
- How to crochet granny squares.
- How to read crochet patterns and charts.
Please note that there are limited spaces on these courses.
NB. Please note that these courses for complete beginners, or those wishing to relearn.
After the course has finished, in the second half of term there is an improver course for you to further your skills. During this course you will learn:
- New crochet stitches to make other styles of granny squares.
- How to use increase and decrease to make a ripple blanket (sampler).
- Hyperbolic crochet.
- Amigurumi technique, to make toys etc.
This is an improver course, and you will benefit most, if you have either completed the beginner’s course, or are familiar with crochet basics.
On the one day learn to knit classes, you will learn some knitting basics, including:
- Casting on
- Knit stitch
- Casting off
- Fastening off
- Mattress stitch
All materials and equipment will be available for use in the classes, please see the Kent Adult Education website for more details. Clicking on “Buy Product” will take you to the listings for all centres.