Luxury Chunky Fair Isle Hat PDF knitting pattern. Level: Advanced.
Download our PDF luxury chunky Fair Isle hat knitting pattern today.
A great basic Fair Isle pattern, ideal for those wanting to give this fab technique a try. Our simple Fair Isle pattern and chart is written for circular needles, and is available as an instant downloadable PDF.
You will need
DROPS Andes super chunky yarn in the following quantities*:
- 100g in main colour (Sea Green Mix)
- Approx. 50g in contrast colour 1 (Off-White)
- Approx. 30g in contrast colour 2 (Dark Grey Mix)
- Approx 25g in contrast colour 3 (Grey Mix)
- 1 set each 6.5mm and 8mm 40cm circular needles.
- d.15-20cm circle of faux fur.
- Small amount of stuffing.
- Extra strong thread, i.e. top stitch or buttonhole thread.
*This yarn comes in 100g balls, but if you have leftovers from other projects, these are the approximate quantities required to use up oddments.
A note from Shiona from The Little Songbird Knitting Co..
I’m often asked what my favourite thing to knit is, and after a bit of inner contemplation, I have to say that it’s probably this. The rim is a bit ploddy, but then you get to the Fair Isle bit and it’s over before you know it, and then you’re decreasing for the crown, and BOOM, it’s finished. Basically, it’s not boring. That’s why I like it.
NB. This is an instant download PDF.